The majority of us not only have a phone but we have a smart phone, which means we carry tiny computers in our pockets that keep us connected to the world around us. I always have my phone with me. It’s just something that I don’t leave home without. I might not always need to be on my phone but I like the option to use it if I need it. Of course, you can’t just have a phone without awesome accessories and great apps to make life easier. Below are a few of my favorites:
- Phone Charger/Extended Battery pack – My battery doesn’t last as long as I want it to, so I take a phone charger with me along with an extended battery. I can always find an outlet to plug into or use the battery pack to give me that extra boost of power.
- Pop Socket – Phones may be tiny computers but some phones are huge. I need some extra help holding my phone and pop sockets are the way to go. They condense down when not in use and they double as a phone stand.
- Social Media – I check my social media at least once a day since it lets me connect with my family in Europe, local friends and past and present coworkers. Right now, I am obsessed with all the pet pages that exist on Instagram.
- Online Shopping – I almost exclusively shop online and I do the majority on my phone. I use eBates to gets some cash back from my online shopping and the Target and Amazon app have been getting some use this summer.
- Streaming Media – I listen to music or podcasts while I’m at work using Spotify. When I need help with a project or I need a laugh I load up YouTube to help me view anything I can think of.
- Organization – AnyList helps me keep track of my grocery list if I am both home and away. The built in calendar app in my iPhone helps be keep track of everything else in my life from bills to vet appointments to days I have to be at work. It’s all in one place.
I get all of this out of one small device I carry around with me. Not only does it allow me to text and make calls, I can use it for so much more. I let my phone do all the work so all I have to do is remember to put it in my purse when I leave the house for the day.